Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Nurse vs Nurse

There will always be one nurse that is so different from the other. I have been here for a week as of tomorrow and so far in exception to last night, I have had great nurses. Especially at night.
The day nurses I'm usually asleep but even they are great too.

Well last night. I had some bad contractions like 3-5 minutes apart. Like it totally hurt my lower back. I had a hard time sleeping. I felt pretty restless and was even worried I was going to deliver. So around 3ish in the morning..I complained about being in pain and I think the docs may have to check me. She automatically answered for them and said "they're not going to check you." ALL the other nurses day or night when I've complained about pain have called in a doc to check me to see if there has been any cervical change...SOOO I don't even think she mentioned anything to them although she said she would. I told her about it at 3, a doc didn't see me until close to 6 in the morning. Seriously!

I'm kind of glad that I didn't go into labor during her shift. (Sigh of relief) Well, I know that some nurses may not like some patients because dude, I barely paged her and kept asking for anything until I felt pain. Part of her job description right?!? Oh well. I hope I get a nice nurse when I actually deliver.

No comments: