Wednesday, January 16, 2008

AJ's First Day @ School-Speech Therapy

Today was AJ's first day in a somewhat class room like environment. He has speech therapy every wednesday at a local elementary school here. So today was his first day, and he had the session with another child.
I felt so awkward at first, cause I thought I just sit back and watch him. But, no the parent(s) are only suppose to drop them off and then come back for them within about 45 minutes. I was nervous and excited all at the same time. I was afraid he just wasn't going to listen and share, but Ms. Iris said he did really well. He pointed out a lot of familiar objects throughout the household, he even called the computer a laptop! And they're other activity had to deal with Jack Be Nimble. So he did very well in participating, and he had a lot of vocabulary.
I'm really glad he gets these services, because it will help him when he starts preschool.
I just wonder for how long he will be doing the therapy. I know that we are still waiting on a eval for the adaptive PE which covers the OT and PT for him. But that will also be provided by the school district.

The other student, I think his name was Parker, had a back pack. I'm wondering if I should get him a back pack. But I don't think he quite needs one yet, but I guess just getting in the habit of carrying one around. Hmm..maybe I'll ask mom (grandma's always say yes to there grandkids.)

No comments: