Thursday, March 01, 2007

blog 1: AJ's hospitalization

So this is the third year that AJ got hospitalized around the same time of the year. He was admitted on the 22nd last Thursday and was diagnosed w/ RSV and pneumonia. I was concerned w/ his breathing the night before, called Dr Maulino and was told to bring him in. Waited it out, cause we were all the way in Fairfield, took him in to his Drs office and was told he should be admitted. He was weazing really bad and had a hard time breathing. He had signs of pneumonia, which totally sucked for him. I felt so bad for the guy. Well, he was put back on oxygen for 3 days and then had to be off for 24 hours in order for him to go home. He's home now, and he's happy. Just gotta continue giving him his breathing treatments.
So NOTE TO SELF around Feb and March, he is to not do anything but stay home! Seriously. I mean, last year we were admitted in the same hospital and coincidentally the same exact room except it was 222A and we were now in 222B.

Soo..although he's already two he will still be very succeptable to getting sick.
It totally took a toll on me especially Sunday night. Man I had the biggest migraine and I couldn't sleep. I know it's due to my BP and the lack of sleep. And what sucks is if you lose sleep you can never get it back.
I had to miss work from Fri, this past MOn and Tues. I lost 6 points so :( frown to that, so the next like three months no calling in for nothing! I have no more PTOK. I have to work up to get my FMLA back and get my points back. I'm now at 11 points which isn't bad cause its still informal, but it's better to be out of informal. I have to sign up for all OT this month in March cause its the last month to get points back.

But I'm really glad he's home. Just gotta be really careful, cause we wouldn't want him to relapse.

No comments: