Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nikki West

I have to say a very special thank you to Nikki West..

She's my new case worker for Medi-cal, and she is very sweet and sounds very concerned.
I had a different case worker prior to her named Jessica Jones, and when I was first dealing with her, she was a total headache for me!
I originally applied for medi-cal specifically for AJ back in June 07 since I knew that we weren't going to have our med insurance through Pacificare anymore. So then I've been waiting to hear something from the medical office here in south Sac. Then when I try to reapply for emergency Medical..the next day I get a call stating that I have a case worker named Jessica Jones and that I've been approved. So I was excited, and it took a load off me...

When I called Jones, she was a total b...ugh! She had total attitude, and was like "NO you aren't approved, I still need to go over your paperwork, and I have to file for child support and blah blah blah" I was so stressed with her. Cause then I wouldn't be able to get prenatal care.

So when I went to the ER of UCD auntie Tina told me to go the medical office there by UCD. I went and didn't realize that I would be seen by a manager. The manager saw me and she personally made a phone call to that Jones' manager. Oh mun! She also told me to leave him a message.

So that same day (Mon) I get a pleasant call from Nikki West asking for info to be faxed to her. Which I did. And then the next day (Tues) early in the morning, around 9ish (I say early cause I was so sick and had a hard time sleeping) she told me I was approved. She was so sincere about everything, that when she told me about the approval I was in tears. I was so afraid of being denied and having to find out how to pay out of pocket. But now I have medical!! For both AJ and I.

Thank you Nikki West. At least I know there's people out there who actually care and are not just working in that same department to deny someone help.

No comments: