Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Being the "GOOD" guy can slap you in the face

OH man what a day!!! Well, it was a lil slow today at EGAC. Hopefully tomorrow will be a lil busy. Although the holiday is the day after. So I'm not expecting to many people. I know that we have an appt on Thursday, which is great! Actually we had a call today about a replacement of a transmission, so we'll see how much the actual tranny is tomorrow. We notified her already of the labor cost, but the transmission (used) will be the expensive part.

Anyways, there was unneccessary drama today which totally sucked! I had gotten into an arguement w/ my sis in law over something totally stupid..it was over the Monsters Inc dvd. Well I took it the wrong way and over reacted which I take FULL responsibility for. But since ate's camera, I felt like anything else that seems to come up missing I haven't returned. So it starts off w/ a text message about the dvd and then after that it just went down hill. I could have responded better about it, by just either calling back and saying I'll double check. But I know I bought AJ his own Monster's Inc dvd cause I bought the double disc one. And when I bought it, I returned theirs. Anyways, I said stupid things like I'll find whatever little thing that belongs to you and return it. And after that it all went downhill! I was at the shop to and there was a customer calling so I had to hang-up.
Already pumped up and just upset about everything I tried to just not cry or not let it get to me. Then she calls Tuan and says not to bring AJ there anymore. Which to me had nothing to do w/ the whole arguement. But, eventually I guess I had to hear it.
So, I tried to get my thoughts together, cause with everything else going on I dont want to have any additional drama. Tuan said I should have never called cause its not going to get anywhere, where it really didn't..but he had mentioned that to me after the fact when I already called. I called to tell her sorry for saying the certain things I said and all I heard back was yelling. It went from her saying "I'm so tired of you" to "you're a liar" and that "you opened up things that didn't make any sense" Which seems, I guess when you try to be the "good guy" it doesn't always work. And that was even slapped in my face. She literally said, " you always try to be the good person, you try to always make it right" Which the last that I remember and was taught and learned that making things right or just trying to squash things was the right thing to do. I don't know if there are additional issues and I'm the one to blame.
But that arguement really made me feel like I got slapped in the face. And hard. I mean, if I didn't care at all about when she was going thru drama then I would have never welcomed her and her husband to our house. But because I cared about my husband's sister and I wanted to treat her like my own, I thought it was "right" for me to have her stay at the house at least Tuan would have a peace of mind knowing she's at our house and not someone elses. And the whole I'm tired of you deal, I wish I knew that sooner. And also the whole watching AJ thing.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the times that she's watched and cared for him. She treated him like her own, which I would do w/ her daughter, my niece. But, with the whole arguement, which like I said was something totally stupid...didn't have to go there. I didn't bring the babysitting up, and if I only knew sooner that AJ was a burden to her then I could have changed things. And of course, she feels its full of drama, but as a mom who puts her own responsibility of watching her child to someone else because of work or sometimes because of personal things..of course it makes me feel like AJ was a burden.
I never thought I would argue with her. I do hope it doesn't effect my relationship w/ the kids and/or the other sisters. They have nothing to do with her getting tired of me. Whatever I did wrong, I apologized for it. Which was: saying certain things that I should not have said and for over reacting.
Moral of the story: I'll still be the bigger person, but if she wants to stay mad that's fine. I'm still hurt about her saying the things that he said, but that will only be realized by the other person. Us helping her may have nothing to do with the stupid issue, but it makes me think of the words that came out of her mouth.
I'm hoping she goes to her brothers bday, cause if she doesn't show then that's not my fault. I wish her the best in what happens next in her life with either getting her own home and or just living her married life.
I've decided I'll just give them AJ's movie and just get another one. A movie is just a movie.

No comments: