Thursday, October 23, 2008

New to Elk Grove

We (AJ, Leanna and I) went to a different park today which is off of Sheldon road after AJ went to school. When we got there I saw someone with two kids but they were at the baseball field. So of course, didn't think much of it, just did the usual and let AJ play at the park. We had our little picnic and then he went off and played.

So, us being "moms" we start asking the age of the kids, where in Elk Grove we were from etc etc. And I made a new friend. Her name is Mariah and she moved from Concord. She has two kids a boy and a girl. Her son is 18 mos old and named Jacob, and her daughter's name is Heidi and I believe she said she was 7 months old. She seems really cool. AJ and Jacob played for a little bit. I mean, AJ is a little bit older, but he followed AJ everywhere and AJ kept telling him he was 4 haha.
Anyways, we have a play date next Friday @ Funtastic.

She totally reminded me of me when we first moved out to this part of town to our first house. I didn't know anybody. I was still pregnant, and then when AJ was born, and was finally able to be out in the sun without oxygen and his heart monitor...I didn't have many moms to talk to. I mean, I was new to the whole thing. It was so funny she asked me, "Where can I find a drive thru starbucks?" Haha. I soo understand her feelings with having to haul two kids around.

She's new new. Her fam just moved her this past Monday. It's crazy she only got her house for 280K and it has a pool it's two story and she said approx 2500 sq ft. Crazee! Well, for me it's always cool to meet new moms.

No comments: