Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Holidays

It was a great holiday. Hope everyone had a great Christmas. We didn't do much, did the usual as we do each year. We actually went to the bay a day early, cause we were suppose to go w/ tita Teresa to get some king crabs @ Costco..we came late and when we arrived they weren't even there. This was on Sat the 23rd, so we went to Macy's at Serramonte, got a grab bag and chilled at home. Played a lil Mad Gab w/ DJ.

Sun: Christmas Eve
The day started pretty early for me. I had Alvin take me to the store to get a gift for DJ. I tried to do it before Bubba woke up and DJ got up, plus we went to church @ 11:30. Went to mass at Holy Angels at 11:30 and I wore my red xmas dress (didnt wanna wear it at night so just wore it there.) So that was accomplished..then had a lil breakfast. Ate Aileen came and wanted to do her last min Christmas shopping so we went to Tanfran..didnt really get much there except a purse from Old Navy, Thanks Lynn!! and some Cinnabon for the next morning. And we discovered a cool dollar store place. It's called Daiso Japan. We were on our way to Serramonte, and there were just way to many people there!! Which figures cause it was the day before Xmas. And we got some cool stuff there. ALMOST everything was $1.50..so we found a dog bed for Simba, and some sponges and I got a knife for $1.50 can you believe it!! of course everything was in Japanese!! haha..

Jason and Ay-ay came over around 8ish and I got to see big cute cheeks Brandon. He had on a Santa outfit it was soo adorable.
Then everyone started coming over around 6ish i think and Lisa and Rob didn't arrive until like 9ish. I guess it worked out cause we only had a few hours left for opening gifts. We had our grab bag. There were some nice things. I got what I wanted so that worked out. There's always the luggage, but this year there was an electronic stainless steel trashcan, some walkie talkies, 25 piece set of stainless steel grill set, the Kone vaccuum, a Liz Claiborne luggage, Cars backpack w/ $20 bucks, a set of pillows, 22 piece tools of the trade knife set, boom box, a massager, dirt devil cordless hand vac, and can't think of the other stuff. But some cool stuff this year. Me and Ate Aileen traded. She had the knives and I had the Kone Vaccuum. Either which way those were some cool gifts. Then we all just hung out after that. There was the traditional black jack @ the dining table. And me, Aileen and Eileen were just talkin about things that were new, old, and whatever. Just playin catch-up. Glo's friends sang karaoke for a lil bit. I sang one song, my fav Colors of the Wind. Then there came opening gifts. We got some cool stuff. I got an apron, and we got the Turbo..time to cook Liempo and krispy pata yum!!! AJ got some clothes and a few toys. and a cool Cars pillow.

Mon: Christmas Day
Okay woke up late. Packed things up. Bubba and I were pretty grumpy, i think from the lack of sleep and just trying to get to moms and stuff. Went to Pinole to pick up some food from auntie Este and then went to moms. Stayed there until like 6ish. Lisa beat us home this time. And we scared the crap out of the kids cause the gifts were gone when we came in. They got a note from Santa that they were on the "naughty" list. hahaha. it was hilaire..i know kinda mean. but they were being pouty and bratty before xmas so it was nice of them to see that they need to appreciate what they have. that's that. Lisa got me as her secret santa and I got my Coach clutch purse haaaaeeeey!!so here's the breakdown:

Highlights:
- spent time w/ friends and family
- got a new set of knives from grab bag; Bubba got us a set of 4 king size pillows
- got to watch the kids appreciate the gifts they got from Santa
- saw my Godson Brandon (he's soooo cute!!!)
- played some Mad Gab w/ the fam..it was totally hilaire!!
-Bubba got a new phone thru Verizon, as well as Ning and Glo
- I got my jacket for riding (at a great price too)

Lowlights:
- the loss of a loved one, always hard on the Holidays, RIP u. Ed
- certain people who dont realize that they have it easy need to stop pouting..oh my that's so another blogg..more on that later
-traveling, it took 3 1/2 hours to get to the city.. but all worth it at the end
- my brother just not willing to mingle when people are over, it sucks cause I feel it reflects on me

Well, that's the holidays for ya. It was great, and so short. Another year to come. I hope its a good one. Gotta think of other things for grab bag next year...pots and pans hmmm???

Pictures to come soon!!


1 comment:

Ms Ay Ay said...

wow im gona need to join this bloggy thingee with you Lanie.. maybe i should do it now huh.. wat cha think...