Thursday, September 04, 2008

Awkward..

I just dropped off AJ at school and was talking to the moms. You would think moms who have kids of the same age would somewhat be on the same level as far as shows, books, activities etc. I guess I was way wrong!

I had mentioned that I would love to have their sons be at AJ's bday party coming up on Oct 4th..and that I was going to have it at Funtastic. SO I know they probably never heard of the place cause they live on the other side of Elk Grove near 5. Which is understandable. Then we went into a conversation about food.

AJ had his project poster and on there is a picture of cereal and pizza. AJ blurted out he also likes to eat celery. I mentioned that in order for him to eat certain vegetables we have to say it's "celery" although it's not. I mentioned the Wonder Pets show and they looked at me like I was crazy. Awkward! I totally felt like I wanted to explain the whole ordeal with how they sing about having celery at the end, but I know it wasn't worth it. Maybe I should have AJ not watch Noggin anymore....haha.

Even then I mentioned we go to the book store, park etc, but both moms were like oh you have time to do that? Umm..even when I was working at Wells before, I made time to take AJ to the park and out when I was off. Isn't that what parents are suppose to do?!?! Spend quality time with their kids.

No comments: