Thursday, September 18, 2008

Why we chose a bassinet

There are many people who decide to get a crib versus a bassinet. We decided for Leanna to get a bassinet. When we had AJ we also did a bassinet. He was just harder to handle cause he had hella wires from his oxygen and his apnea monitor. And we knew already that he was barely going to sleep in a crip because of all his extra wirings.

So we decided to get a bassinet, and/or register for one for Leanna. I was just reading this article about cribs and how they found another recall. Of course there are also recalls on bassinets. Like this was a disturbing picture of a bassinet recall. But most of the ones I read were on cribs. Although this one had numbers of more bassinets versus cribs. All I know is we still chose a bassinet over a crib.

Well, I'm glad we decided to go with the Eddie Bauer bassinet. I read the reviews on it and looked into it before I added it to the register. Plus I loved that it was made of cherry wood! Stylish...haha. It's crazy though how children die in them. Pretty sad.

No comments: