Friday, July 25, 2008

Medela Review

So I've been pumping because I really want to be able to breast feed as long as possible. It'll save money, and plus it's better for Leanna to get breast milk.

Anyways, I got home yesterday and used my old pump. I remember it worked so much better before. It wasn't very expensive if I remember right. I think Tuan even remembers it was like $64. It did it's job then, but it totally didn't do its job when I got home. Ugh, I was soo disappointed cause anyone whose breast fed before knows it hurts!! (I won't go into any further detail) So I was looking online last night...and made the decision to get the Medela Pump from Target.

It's pretty expensive, but I was using one at the hospital and I figure for it's price it should be worth it. I mean, I calculated the amount of formula I would be buying and it would be 11 cans of Similac Advance from Target. And I know formula goes by quick! I remember having to buy like 2 a week for AJ. So in 5 months the pump will pay for itself. Actually, maybe even before 5 months considering I should be pumping every 3 hours.

I went to Target this morning and picked up the Medela Tote. And man let me tell you! What a big difference! Talk about last night I was only able to get about an ounce to an ounce and a half, versus this morning when I pump using the medela within 15 minutes..I got a total of 5 ounces! Hella milk!

So any new moms/soon to be moms I totally recommend this pump! It's pricy but well worth it! I love my medela pump.

No comments: