Thursday, July 24, 2008

Progress

So I'm wide awake right now, still in the hospital, just finished the whole pumping deal, took pain meds and I should be sleeping..but nope..I'm just excited.

At 11 PM I went up to see her in the NICU to try to breastfeed, and got some progress. But the good thing is when I walked in the nurse talked to me and told me she is now breathing room air! Woohoo! She was on 1 liter of oxygen earlier today and she's been slowly weeined off, and now she's breathing normal...except she's still being monitored for her respiratory. And she's still got her bielly blanket..for the antibodies deal.

But I got to hold her for a whole hour and her O2 stats were good, her HR was good, and her RR was good. So if everything goes well, she may go home this weekend. I'll be crossing my fingers and praying. I'mma wake up in a few hours to check on her, so we'll see how she does these next few hours.

I know she probably won't be able to go home with me tomorrow (although if she did that would be great!!) But as long as she comes home soon. I mean, it would nice even if she didn't come home with me so I can prepare for things at home.

I would like to thank those who have greeted us, came to visit us, and helped us in any way these past few days. Thanks Ning and Glo for taking care of AJ from my dr appt on Monday and until we delivered. Mom for watching him the following day. Joanne for getting me a sandwich for lunch/dinner. Thanks for all the love and support. We'll see you guys all soon, and next time it'll be with our new addition.

Bubba for making sure I didn't get the epidural, and for being there as much as you can with the whole shop having to function. Thank you for doing your best in staying awake and spending the amount of time with me at the hospital and with Leanna. I'm glad we get to share this experience together..what a joyous time in our life. I love you.

Well, I'll keep the update going..till next time. G-nite!

No comments: